NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Downtown Committee Scavenger Hunt “Scavenger Hunt” begins on September 3, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. and ends on October 2nd at 11:59 p.m. (the “Promotion Period“). The sponsor of the Scavenger Hunt is the Downtown Committee (the “Sponsor“). By participating in the Scavenger Hunt, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these terms, conditions and rules (collectively, the “Official Rules“) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Scavenger Hunt. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Scavenger Hunt. Sponsor may be reached by email at mail@DowntownSyracuse.com during the Promotion Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the continental United States who are 18 years of age or older except as specifically excluded as set forth herein. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility requirements and verification as set forth herein and in paragraphs 2, 5 and 6 hereof (an “Eligible Entrant“). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees “Promotion Entities“, are ineligible to enter the Scavenger Hunt or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Scavenger Hunt is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of eligibility may be required. Failure to provide such proof is grounds for disqualification.
- PRIZES: Prizes from local businesses and organizations with approximate retail value ranging from $10-$350 (ARV). Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. This Scavenger Hunt is open to legal residents of the continental United States and Prize will only be awarded to winner whose address is within said location. Winner is responsible for arranging for pick-up of prizes with the Downtown Committee of Syracuse; Sponsor is not responsible for delivery of prizes, either by mail or transport of any nature. If winner does not take possession of prizes before October 30, 2020, the winner forfeits, and a new winner will be selected at the Sponsor’s discretion. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: Downloading the Scavify app, setting up an account as directed and completing the tasks all as set forth and listed on the challenge form (the “Challenge Form“). Information can be found at www.UBackinSyracuse.com. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period (October 2nd at 11:59 p.m.) in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official and sole timekeeper for this Scavenger Hunt. Entrants are responsible for the accuracy of all information contained on the entry form (collectively, the “Entry Information“).
To earn points, Entrants must go to the participating scavenger hunt business/organizations or outdoor location as specified by each task on the Challenge Form, perform the task noted, take a photo as described on the Challenge Form and upload the photo to the photo stream. Upon submission, points are automatically awarded to the Entrant. Each task has a corresponding point value noted on the Challenge Form.
Each photo task will be monitored by the Sponsor to ensure submissions properly reflect the task. If the photo does not properly reflect the task, the Sponsor will flag the submission, points previously awarded for that task will be automatically removed from the Entrant’s score, and the Entrant will be notified of the changes. The Entrant will then be eligible to correctly complete the task and upload the photo during the Promotion Period to receive the full point value of the task. The contents of the photo submission and whether they properly align with the specified task lies completely within the discretion of the Sponsor.
- WINNER SELECTION: The Entrants with the most points earned amongst all Entrants at the close of the Promotion Period will be entered into a drawing (the “Trophy Eligible Entrants“) to win the first ever U-Master Trophy (the “Trophy Drawing“). The winner of the Trophy Drawing will be selected in a random drawing from among all Trophy Eligible Entrants. The Entrants with the most points earned amongst all Entrants at the close of the Promotion Period will be entered into a drawing for one of the five (5) grand prizes with approximate AVR ranging from $100-$350 (the “Grand Prizes“). A minimum of five (5) Entrants will be entered to win the Grand Prizes. In the event that less than five Entrants earn an equal number of points at the highest point value earned amongst all Entrants, the Sponsor will enter all of the next highest earned point Entrants earned amongst all Entrants into the drawing until the Sponsor has a minimum of five Entrants in the drawing for the Grand Prizes. Once the Sponsor goes to the next highest earned point Entrants, all such Entrants earning the same points at that level shall be entered for the Grand Prize drawing (collectively, the “Grand Prize Eligible Entrants“). Winners of the Grand Prizes will be selected in a random drawing from among all Grand Prize Eligible Entrants. Following the drawing for the Grand Prizes, all Grand Prize Eligible Entrants who did not win a Grand Prize, as well as every other Eligible Entrant (collectively, the “Prize Eligible Entrants“), shall be entered to win one of over 50 remaining prizes with AVRs ranging from $10-$99 (collectively, the “Prizes“). Winners of the Prizes will be selected in a random drawing from among all Prize Eligible Entrants. Each of the foregoing drawings will be conducted after the Promotion Period on October 5, 2020 starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Sponsor’s offices by Sponsor and/or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of Eligible Entrants received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information within 1 week after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 2 weeks of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a publicity release (collectively the “Prize Claim Documents“). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Scavenger Hunt; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Scavenger Hunt; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Scavenger Hunt or download of any materials in the Scavenger Hunt.
If, for any reason, the Scavenger Hunt is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, COVID related restrictions, weather, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Scavenger Hunt, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scavenger Hunt in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor or to terminate the promotion without awarding such prizes. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Scavenger Hunt.
By entering the Scavenger Hunt, all Entrants agree to release the Sponsor and its members, officers, agents and employees from, and agrees that the Sponsor and its members, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for, from and against any and all claims or liability arising as a result of the Sponsor’s election to hold or suspend the Scavenger Hunt or with respect to its awarding of any prizes.
- COVID-19: All Entrants agree to comply with all safety requirements, rules and laws established by State and local governments relative to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, when entering businesses, Entrants must comply with the businesses/organizations’ posted rules for entry. Any failure to do so is grounds for disqualification.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request to mail@DowntownSyracuse.com.
The Downtown Committee of Syracuse, Inc.
115 West Fayette St.
Syracuse, NY 13202